Job Title: Sabil USA Social Worker
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Contracted employee
Supervises Others: Yes
The Sabil social worker position is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive needs through communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
The social worker oversees the progress of each individual or family enrolled in the Sabil Assistance program. Gather information on each client’s educational opportunities, income and expenses, budgeting/credit, behavioral/health issues, food/nutrition, children’s school/daycare, legal, health, parenting, and daily living skills for the safety and stability of the client families’ children.
The social worker will work closely with clients to identify and build upon strengths and develop strategies to address barriers and concerns identified through the assessment process. The social worker meets families at their homes, a designated office space, or a local coffee shop.
Client Visits : Required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Social Worker provides quality services by assessing patient/family system needs then developing and implementing treatment plans in accordance with her her/his scope of practice.
- Performs a biopsychosocial assessment interview with patient, family, and/or significant other.
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention/treatment to adults, children and families in emergent situations including assessment, counseling, and information/referral.
- Provides a professional interpretation of family’s condition (i.e., situation, affect, behavior and verbal content) and recommends appropriate psycho-social intervention(s) and/or treatment plan.
- Develops culturally sensitive assessment.
- Performs relevant patient and family advocacy services within the community.
- Provides patient education on subjects related to psycho-social adjustments to medical illness, individually, in classes or groups.
- Develop a comprehensive case management plan, including financial planning and goals with individuals and families, opportunities for work, low income housing opportunities and other areas as warranted.
- Assist families in crisis situations by providing coordinated referral and case management services. Refer them to local agencies for free services.
- Communicate with clients’ relatives and colleagues as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain online detailed case files, logs, charts, ongoing progress notes, outcome measures, and other records as required by agency.
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms and produce statistical reports
- Maintain client confidentiality as well as confidentiality in matters of organizational operations and personnel.
- Recommend payment for rapid rehousing and complete paperwork per policy.
- Maintain documentation for all payments to clients and all program expenses.
- Collect and input client data in a timely manner.
- Maintain client databases and referrals for services and generate reports.
- Follow up monthly with clients individually and/or as a family unit, tracking progress towards goals.
- Make appropriate referrals to the individuals’ and/or families’ needs.
- Provide information and referrals for ancillary services.
- Attend scheduled team community or organizational collaboration meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Support existing organization policies, principles, mission, and vision.
- Research and seek external resources such as government or private aid programs and services that could benefit Sabil clients. Develop relationships as required and participate in meetings or training programs.
- Commit to professional development seminars, training, and other opportunities.
- Fulfill additional case worker duties as required by Board of Directors.
- Minimum One (1) year experience working as a social worker. Internships will be considered as part of experience.
- Master’s degree in social work issued by a school accredited by the Counsel of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California). Will accept Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW)
- Current CA Driver’s License.
- Competitive salary based upon experience